Tuesday 5 April 2011

Wild food weekend post #1

At the weekend we visited Otterton Mill for their annual wild food day. They've been running this for the last 3 years. Chap tried Squirrel (!) and we went on a wild food foraging walk with the incredibly well informed Robin Harford of Eat Weeds. It was a lovely day in a very pretty setting. I have to admit to not having come across Otterton or it's Mill before but they're both lovely. We learnt a lot on the foraging walk; I scribbled notes and took pics all the way round and will do a proper post on these shortly. We discovered some surprising things you can eat - I never knew the leaves of Lesser Celendine were edible - you must cook them though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D