Wednesday 31 October 2012

Boo!!! Did I scare you, did I, did I??

'Tis All Hallows Eve.  Or Samhain.  Or Hallowe'en. Whatever.  There's a short article here on the names.  I'm not partaking overly, I have popped this sign on my door as the idea of hobbling to and fro all night answering it is fairly non-enticing.  I know that normally little chicks like that aren't overly season appropriate either but you will note that these are not in fact normal little easter type chicks at all but are in fact...Chicks  Of  Doooom!!  They eat brains.  No really.
I'm not particularly a believer in the whole trick or treating thing anyway.  Smacks a little of glorified begging with menaces for stuff kids today (in this country anyway) certainly don't need.  If there was a halloween equivalent to 'Bah Humbug' that is what I'd be uttering right now! 

I have my little 'autumn' themed vase of twig, interestingly curly grass and mini pine cone things that is suitably adorned and that'll do me.





















This blog has an entertaining poem about Samhain based to 'the night before christmas' cadence / style. Do check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D