Tuesday 14 June 2011

Allotment top tipple

Although it rained [a lot] here over the weekend we did manage to nip down the alloment briefly.  There's rasps and strawbs and we have black mint growing too.  Well - there's only one thing to do with these - Pimms it is!  Well - it's not but it's Aldi's cheap version at £ 5.99 a bottle.
We discovered a rather nice adjustment to the traditional Pimms drink.  Put ice, strawbs and rasps in the bottom of a pint glass.  Pour in Pimms to the top of the ice.  Add lemonade to about half way to two thirds of the way up the glass then top up with - [wait for it] - cider!  Use something with a decent taste of apple to it [not Strongbow etc that tastes of naff all - like the cider version of Fosters] and think of the flavours of those fruity ciders that seem to be popular now.  Take a few mint leaves and scrunch them up a bit then tear and add to the drink.  Stir and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds scrummy!! I'll have to give it a go.

    I've just had my first straberries from my garden and they were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you folks would like any Amish or Mennonite recipes just go over to my blog Amish Stories. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely Anne - the strawbs are great this year and early - yum!
    Hi Richard - thanks for popping by. Your blog looks fascinating, hope you enjoy mine!

    Ruthdigs - still anonymous, still annoyed with blogger comments!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D