Wednesday 8 June 2011

Upside

Trying to maintain a vaguely positive outlook [not always the easiest as I am well and truly one of life's pessimists - or realists depending on your viewpoint] and this is proving a little bit of a tussle at the moment - work is less than great; my insomnia's been kicking back in with a vengeance over the last couple of weeks and I think I'm gaining weight despite a pretty healthy diet.  [Scales also broken.]  Anyway - my damn flip flop broke on my way to work this morning - pah; then it rained on me too.  BUT...but - look at the cygnets.  This is the first family I've seen this year, they were paddling along the river on my way home yesterday and this morning here they are toddling up the bank.  I then saw a family of ducks a little further on and both things cheered me up no end. 
Although I'm not a fan of the government putting a £ sign on our green spaces they have a point about the value of nature to us all...

3 comments:

  1. Sights like that should cheer anyone up I think. Hope you are not too down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there thanks hun. Love the cygnets - the little 'meep' noise they make that's like a 'here I am, here I am' sonar to the parents is great. Can't help but smile at them!

    Ruthdigs - wonder when Blogger will fix the comments so I can be me on my own post?!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D