Friday 14 October 2011

Swifty end of week round up

Yesterday saw a big colourful bus pulling up outside our building.  Much to our surprise it was the Olympic torch!!  You could get your photo taken with it and nominate someone to be one of the 8000 people that will carry it on it's journey before the Olympics next year.  It's going through Exeter hence this visit but it's not for the first time.  Exeter saw the torch go through back in 1948 too. 
I had my pic taken with it - you had to wear gloves and they stuck you in front of a green screen then made you choose between backgrounds comprising Tower Bridge, Stonehenge, Angel of the North and Edinburgh Castle.  You also got a free mini can of coke - I went for coke zero and it was nasty!  I'm not a great cola type drink lover tbh but if you forced me I'd go for pepsi max I think.  Anyway - I digress.

A nice freebie was my sample of new biscotti flavour Baileys.  This arrived in the post a couple of weeks after I signed up for it on Facebook - it's totally free; you 'like' the page then 'post a toast' to nominate a friend to receive one too then when they accept you both get sent the samples.  Nice.  :-)

A random note to finish - though frugal related.  Having bought the 'value' pack of mushrooms from the Co-op last night [I aways get these packs if I'll use them all up as it's so much cheaper] I was suprised to find no less than 9 'twinned' mushrooms in there!  I've never got the thinking behind a natural product like fruit or veg needing to conform to an ideal shape / size / colour but I'm more than happy if this gross stupidity in others means my purchases come that wee bit cheaper.  Hail the freak mushrooms say I - for they are beautiful and taste the same!!

Happy Friday my friends.

2 comments:

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D