Wednesday 13 October 2010

Look what I found!

Randomly growing underneath a pub table last week. Sadly there were only a couple more, both of which had been eaten in situ so I left those and contented myself with these 2 fellers; after scouring the rest of the garden for traces of course!
Seems to be a good year for the wild mushrooms though I'm not massively confident on the identification front. Think I'd only eat something I was really sure I knew but I was happy enough with these 2 to scarf them up as part of an omelette and I haven't keeled over yet. :-)


This specimen looks a bit more dubious though eh? Think I'll get the id books out before trying anything like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D