Tuesday 4 January 2011

Felicitations for the new year

Happy 2011! It's been a few days since my last post - days that have incorporated the whole festive season so as you can imagine I've a few bits lined up to post on. Firstly though I wished to share this with you all:
"Every new year people make resolutions to change aspects of themselves they believe are negative. A majority of people revert back to how they were before and feel like failures. This year I challenge you to a new resolution. I challenge you to just be yourself." Aisha Elderwyn
This quote struck a resonance with me and is one I am going to try and remember through the coming year. We should be ourselves rather than what others or society want us to or think we should be. Continuing pressure to conform to social 'norms' can lead many to lose sight of the fact that it's your life and nobody elses and it scores no points living it for others. Hold onto yourselves my friends and take the time for a 'Tiny Pony' moment every once in a while. Enjoy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D