Thursday 31 March 2011

Paddy's day pasting

Chiefs took on London Irish in their home stadium the Madejski on Saturday. As this was the nearest game they had to St Patricks day the 'Exiles' [London Irish] had duly designated it their annual Paddy's Day Party with bands, inflatables and beer tankers galore. And tries galore. Against us. Oh. Dear. :-( The first was over the line within a minute of the start and the second followed 5 minutes later! Not an auspicious start and it kind of set the tone for the rest of the game as we missed a conversion and London Irish carried on scoring. We seemed to come back a bit after the half time break, managing to get within a single point but the end score was 39-17 to the Irish. A deserved win it must be said and we enjoyed our visit. The atmosphere was great and the fans welcoming, several stopping us to shake our hands after the game. The old man next to me certainly enjoyed himself though I must admit to only understanding about 1 in every 3 words he said to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D