Tuesday 23 March 2010

Amaryllis


My actual post today before getting sidetracked by the whole 'more stuff I don't need but want for the kitchen' thing was going to be a quick - ooh my amaryllis is just starting to flower. This was a present from eldest sis at xmas, and has surprised me by surviving my innate house plant death force field I seem to exude. (Love plants, have an allotment, houseplants though I kill. Accidentally of course.) It's a groovy stripey kinda thing, and satisfyingly impressive. Get me and my indoor plant skills eh?!

2 comments:

  1. That is a stunning flower Ruth. You should be able to grow it again next year. They grow at a remarkable rate don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Toffeeapple. I was impressed by the perceptible difference in size day to day - it was almost a daily marking off on the wall job!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D