Thursday 11 March 2010

Cake Sunday

I went for buns rather than a cake, primarily because I realised late on Sunday afternoon I was bereft of bloody grease proof paper for tin lining so had no choice.
My rather idiosyncratic recipe I evolved is as follows:

4 oz self raising flour
*2 oz wholemeal bread flour
*2 oz plain flour
0.5 tsp bicarb soda
6oz butter - salted
6 oz sugar
Spoon honey
1 cooking apple - large
Approx 2ish oz vodka soaked hazelnuts
0.5 tbsp cinnamon
0.25 tbsp mixed spice
2 eggs

*The flour mix was supposed to be 4oz s.r. and 4oz wholemeal but I realised half way through adding the wholmeal it was actually bread flour and being unsure what affect this could have on the finished product I switched the last 2oz to plain flour as I'd already added the soda for the wholemeal flour.

Preheat oven - I used half way between gas 4 and 5.

Melt butter in microwave and stir thoroughly into sugar. Add honey and stir well again. [I used runny honey - prob easier on the mixing.] Add beaten eggs, stir in. Sift in flour, bicarb and spices, stirring well after each sieve load. Add apple; chopped into small pieces for buns, and nuts and mix well. Bake at gas 4.5 for 45-50 mins until done.

Not bad if I say so myself. Think next time I'll try them with some carrot in as well, being a fan of carrot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D