Thursday 11 March 2010

More cake...

Rather randomly considering I'm not a big eater of cake I made more today. This was strictly in the spirit of scientific enquiry though. A friend had recently directed me to a FB group detailing a "5 minute chocolate cake" one can make in a microwave; at work for example. (How evil is that?!) Having perused the photographic evidence of fully microwaved monstrostities my curiosity was piqued. Evidently it worked but did it in fact taste nice at all? I set out to find out for myself...
4 tbsp s.r.flour
4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
Suggested - splash vanilla extract, 3 tbsp choc chips - I had no vanilla and added more vodka soaked hazelnuts in place of the choc chips I also didn't have.

Mix dry ingredients well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add choc chips and vanilla if using and mix again.
Microwave for approx 3 mins = done in an 800w oven apparently.
My microwave is old and knackered and I am clueless to it's wattage as it's long since rubbed off the outside (deffo less than 800 though) but I cooked for approx 3.5 mins and that was pretty right.
Verdict? Nice when warm upon removal from microwave, could have done with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream. Too much for one most definitely, I'd suggest 2-3 portions. Once cooled a little rubbery and a whole lot less appetising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments!!!!
Thank you for reading. I read all my comments and am trying to get better at replying to them too. :-)
Lovely to have you pass by. Be shiny. :-D